Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine
Pulmonary Services Offered:
Pulmonary Function Testing:
Pulmonary function testing and training in pulmonary function test (PFT) evaluation are undertaken in the Cure PFT laboratory. Under the direction of Dr. Zouhair Harb, the laboratory offers state of the art spirometry, lung volume and diffusion assessments. It is being increasingly called on for methacholine and exercise challenges.
Pulmonary procedures are becoming an increasingly important aspect of the Section. The Bronchoscopy service offers diagnostic and therapeutic capabilities for Neoplastic, Infectious and Inflammatory Disorders of the Lungs and Bronchial tree. Soon, Airway Stenting and Balloon Dilation for Malignant and non-malignant airways obstruction will be added.
Sleep Medicine Services Offered:
The Cure Center for Sleep Medicine is expected to become a nationally recognized center for the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders.
The following conditions are evaluated by the Center:
- Sleep-related breathing disorders such as snoring and sleep apnea
- Restless leg syndrome and movement disorders during sleep
- Sleep apnea-related seizure disorders
- Circadian and shift work-related disorders
- Evaluation of patients with heart failure and stroke
- Parasomnias such as sleep walking and talking, abnormal behavior during sleep